.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terrible Swede the "Earthy" Lutheran Blog vs The Largest Filipino on Earth vs "The Fluffy"
Doctrinal differences are important to the Lutherans because at the root of every false doctrine is the devil, seeking to destroy the Gospel.

Sunday, May 23, 2004 AD

Why I as a Lutheran …

…avoid the political right: It is associated with the religious right. I don’t care for moralism (Law-Gospel-Law). I don’t care for the dispensationalism (support Israel today or else you’re anti-Semitic – whatever!).

…avoid the political left: It is associated with the religious left. My biggest complaint is from it’s stand on abortion (another “dirty” word). And this stems from an unholy view of Scriptures and our Confessions.

I don’t know if there is a happy medium for the Lutheran and politics. Does this mean I don’t vote. NO! Like I said before it ALL boils down to who has the pro-life (another “dirty” word) platform. WDTM? It means I may actually vote for a Democrat IF he is prolife and the Republican is pro-abortion (I am not a politically correct!). In accordance with recent politics my vote goes to Bush (even if I don’t give a sh_t about how he handles GW2!). If both candidates are pro-abortion, then I would seek a party that still has the prolife platform. I don't know who they are.

- posted by Ron OLSON, the Terrible Swede @

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home