.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terrible Swede the "Earthy" Lutheran Blog vs The Largest Filipino on Earth vs "The Fluffy"
Doctrinal differences are important to the Lutherans because at the root of every false doctrine is the devil, seeking to destroy the Gospel.

Tuesday, June 08, 2004 AD

I mowed the lawn of...

...Immanuel “Evangelical” Lutheran, mother LCMS church of Wichita, KS (two Kung Fu Masters preach here) a few weeks ago. A manly activity that I haven’t enjoyed in years, since I moved from a house to an apartment. I lived with my little brother, Jason “Punk” Olson, while I was courting Erica. As I was mowing, I found a cornerstone of our church that said, “Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church.” From now on I am going to insert “Evangelical” back into the Lutheran Churches on my blog and hope Lutheran churches everywhere read this and pull their heads out of their asses. I can’t remember why “evangelical” was removed. Dan, the Geologist (Strong Kung Fu - can break rocks!) OR Random Thoughts of a Confessional Lutheran reminded me that it was probably Pietists. (Beep) pietists! I suspect "evangelical" is another “dirty” word among contemporary worship advocates Lutherans as well.
- posted by Ron OLSON, the Terrible Swede @

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home