.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terrible Swede the "Earthy" Lutheran Blog vs The Largest Filipino on Earth vs "The Fluffy"
Doctrinal differences are important to the Lutherans because at the root of every false doctrine is the devil, seeking to destroy the Gospel.

Tuesday, August 10, 2004 AD

From my pastor for single adults (Or here?)…

…Bad excuse for NOT giving an offering – The church is so geared to families, and here I am in my apartment, living as a household of one. I like my church all right, but I consider myself a kind of semi-visitor. If I were more in the stream of things with a family of my own, I’d give more to the offering plate, too.

…Good reason FOR giving an offering – “He settles the lonely in families.” The Psalm describes me and my congregation. My household of one isnt’t typical, maybe, but with no obligations to spouse or kids I am free to help in a way that are very much appreciated. So why should I not also faithfully use my offering envelopes?

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home