.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terrible Swede the "Earthy" Lutheran Blog vs The Largest Filipino on Earth vs "The Fluffy"
Doctrinal differences are important to the Lutherans because at the root of every false doctrine is the devil, seeking to destroy the Gospel.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004 AD

My math advisor...

...tells me one purpose of a mathematician is keep the engineers honest. I work with a bunch of young engineers at a aviation research lab and I'm the only math (and physics) major. Being a non-traditional student among the "younger" engineers I sometimes have to prove to them my worth. One engineer says, "I can remember the volume of a sphere but I can't remember the surface area." I says, "Simple. Just remember to take the first derivative and you'll get you're surface area of a sphere." It felt good, since I haven't had calculus (from Bethany College) since 1996 - shortly after my active duty tour with the Air Force, another four years of little math and my A.P. calculus from a Colorado high school.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home