.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terrible Swede the "Earthy" Lutheran Blog vs The Largest Filipino on Earth vs "The Fluffy"
Doctrinal differences are important to the Lutherans because at the root of every false doctrine is the devil, seeking to destroy the Gospel.

Saturday, October 16, 2004 AD

The Blond with the Swede!

This was a fun trip for my wife and me. It had been an exceptionally hard year in 2003 for us. I got my lay-off notice from Cessna just a couple of weeks before Christmas 2002 (some months after Erica & I got married). I got laid off from Cessna in March of 2003. This 2004 year is even tougher for us - I'll make one-fifth of what I made at Cessna.

Our church helped us out (food, money, prayers, etc.) so many times. They helped us go to the Lutheran Student Fellowship in St. Louis in December 2002, which overall was a blast.

The United Way, a non-Christian humanitarian org, has been another help in our life (rent, utilities, food, etc). It also demos the remarkable doctrine of vocation that Luther, Wingren & Veith speak of.

We are in God's hands completely. Wow.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home