.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terrible Swede the "Earthy" Lutheran Blog vs The Largest Filipino on Earth vs "The Fluffy"
Doctrinal differences are important to the Lutherans because at the root of every false doctrine is the devil, seeking to destroy the Gospel.

Monday, January 31, 2005 AD

Why I don't like reading non-Lutheran Christian blogs...

...they foster denominational relativism. They are "The Fluffy". They waste my time.

Mr. Chris Atwood (of Here We Stand) has some strong kung-fu! Check out comment 5, the second paragraph or read it here:
When I chose a church in my neighborhood there are 4 things I won’t compromise on: 1) the authority and sufficiency of Scripture (oops there goes the liberal Protestant churches); 2) justification by faith alone (oops there goes the Catholics, Orthodox, and Anglo-Catholics); 3) The Real presence of Christ’s true body and blood in the sacrament; and 4) Baptismal regeneration (oops there goes all the Reformed and Revivalist Protestants). So I find with these four principles, which aren’t complicated, which aren’t based on ambiguous or hard to interpret passages, but on clear and strong Biblical statements, that suddenly only conservative Lutherans are with me. I really wish it were otherwise, I really do. But if that’s the way it is, then let God be true and every man a liar. (I do believe it is a scandal that the conservative Lutheran community is divided into LCMS and WELS/ELS communions; (this I believe is schism and unnecessary division).

Pax!

|

3 Comments:

  • Sure. they foster "relativism", unless the blog you're visiting actually stands up for it's confessional stance. Would a blog have to be vehemently anti-Lutheran to be "unfluffy"?

    I'm not really picking a bone here... just teasing mostly.

    By Blogger Andy, at 2/11/2005 9:34 PM  

  • feel free to poke around my Lutheran blog.

    By Blogger disgruntled world citizen, at 2/12/2005 9:30 PM  

  • Thanks, Disgruntled World Citizen. But your link only went to your profile, not your blog. Thanks for visiting.

    By Blogger The Terrible Swede, at 2/12/2005 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home