.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terrible Swede the "Earthy" Lutheran Blog vs The Largest Filipino on Earth vs "The Fluffy"
Doctrinal differences are important to the Lutherans because at the root of every false doctrine is the devil, seeking to destroy the Gospel.

Monday, February 21, 2005 AD

So I've visited several times with my...

...Veterans Administration (VA) doctor. She has confirmed what my wife and my best friend have been saying: I need to lose weight. I need to lose the title, "The Largest Filipino on Earth."

Like any government agency, they have a "fecal"-load of papers to give you. One of them was an activity sheet and the calorie loss associated with it. Well, they listed "sitting down", "sitting down and reading" even "sitting down and watching TV" but not "sitting down while drinking beer." Oh, well, their loss. I wonder if another government study is called for?

|

5 Comments:

  • I am a life-time member of Weight Watchers. I have fought my weight all my adult like.

    I invite you to visit my blog and to study the Bible with me.

    Terry Finley

    http://clearcutbiblestudies.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Terry Finley, at 2/21/2005 12:21 PM  

  • I recommend Bud Light. It has a decent taste but has less calories & carbs (read fat) than most beers. You may recieve some grief from your peers (especially on the new blog) but the weight gain will not be as much of an issue.

    By Blogger Nick, at 2/21/2005 6:03 PM  

  • sorry Mick, but I cannot let my good friend drink yucky yeast water.

    If you just drink one or two less beers a day, you're cutting out at least 400 calories. Just buy better and more expensive beer so you can't afford to drink as much.

    By Anonymous Devona, at 2/22/2005 9:21 AM  

  • Nick, I'm sorry I called you "mick" I'm typing with an infant in my arms.

    By Anonymous devona, at 2/22/2005 9:22 AM  

  • Mr. Finley, please don't patronize or sympathize with me. I don't want either.

    May I invite you to dialogue with my beer buddies at Here We Stand?

    I, too, have been there and done that. I used to be a non-denom for the majority of my life and a Baptist before I truly knew what the proper balance of Law & Gospel offered as a Lutheran.

    By Blogger The Terrible Swede, at 2/22/2005 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home