.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terrible Swede the "Earthy" Lutheran Blog vs The Largest Filipino on Earth vs "The Fluffy"
Doctrinal differences are important to the Lutherans because at the root of every false doctrine is the devil, seeking to destroy the Gospel.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 AD

Hope deferred...

...makes the heart sick.

My wife and I have had our hopes on a certain set of apartments during this trial of two years of no full-time work. It was beautiful. Two bedroom. Full kitchen. Dishwasher. Smelled and looked nice. Deck. Possible garage. 900 square feet! More than twice our current apartment square footage of 400.

When we were declined because we made too much on our PART-TIME jobs, we were first confused, angry, and deeply saddened.

|

2 Comments:

  • Ron,
    My sincere condoloences. I'm single and I've only lived away from my folks 1ce (live at home now), but from my brother's and sister's experience I know that can be a huge stress, finding decent work and a decent place to live. Just don't let it get in the way of your (all too obvious) love for each other!

    By Blogger >, at 3/30/2005 8:51 PM  

  • Seldarin,

    Thank you for your condolences. But this spring has new life in it for Ron and me, and we're sure that God will guide us in the paths that are right for us. I guess that complex wasn't meant to be, but something greater might be.

    And, just for the record, our struggle these last two years has brought us closer than anyone or anything ever could, and our faith in God has never been stronger.

    By Blogger Mrs. T. Swede, at 3/31/2005 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home