.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terrible Swede the "Earthy" Lutheran Blog vs The Largest Filipino on Earth vs "The Fluffy"
Doctrinal differences are important to the Lutherans because at the root of every false doctrine is the devil, seeking to destroy the Gospel.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 AD

My beer friend and best friend...

...Dan Sellers is doing his duty for our church. He's not much for bragging about himself, so I will brag for him. He will be one of four ushers for our church this month. He does a great job. He is the first person you'll encounter on your way to the communion rail. He will make sure that it doesn't get too crowded at the rail, so he may ask you to wait a moment until there's more space. He assists/collects with passing the offering plates.

He works for a geo-petroluem company in town (Wichita, KS). He works hard. He loves rocks. He will actually lick a rock in order to classify it. He has a degree in Geology. You might even call it a fetish! (I'm kidding Dan!) That's why we affectionately call him, Dan the Geologist.

He has introduced me to more beers than you could shake a stick at. He knows his beers. We go to beer fests together. He is also a co-author and co-administrator for The Purpose Driven Drinking Beer Blog started a few weeks ago. (I still can't believe I was able to get that blog address!)

He has a great sense of humor. He has the special gift to make you laugh. He is a jolly guy. He introduced me to Monty Python and his quirky movies many years ago when we met at the ULC. Matter of fact, he was the first student (and friend) I had met when I arrived at the ULC and Wichita even before I met Erica. He was one of the groomsmen in our wedding. He also loves bad kung fu movies. We like to watch them together with a good beer.

Basically, he's the type of friend you'd want in the trenches with you.

Dan, thank you for being my best friend and Lutheran brother. You've taught me a lot and just want to show my appreciation.

|

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home