.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terrible Swede the "Earthy" Lutheran Blog vs The Largest Filipino on Earth vs "The Fluffy"
Doctrinal differences are important to the Lutherans because at the root of every false doctrine is the devil, seeking to destroy the Gospel.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 AD

I remember when I was little...

...a time when I climbed my first 14, 000 foot mountain when I was 5-years old - that's 1977. It was Mt. Elbert in Colorado. I thought I couldn't do it. I thought I was exhausted. My right shoe was starting to fall apart. My dad and/or uncle did a temp fix by strapping a belt around the sole of my shoe. I wanted to quit.

Then my dad said, "Tell you what, you make it up this mountain, I'll take you to Star Wars."

I bet my eyes must have got huge. I moved up to the top of that mountain as fast as my little legs could carry me and the trip down was a breeze when I thought about the reward. I didn't even give a second thought to my damaged shoe.

Yes, I saw Star Wars: A New Hope back in 1977 as a reward for conqueoring my first 14er I never knew I could do.

Now, I'm a big kid: at mid-night, I get to watch Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. Wow.

(For some odd reason, I remember "Sour Cream & Onion Doritos" as well.)

|

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home