.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terrible Swede the "Earthy" Lutheran Blog vs The Largest Filipino on Earth vs "The Fluffy"
Doctrinal differences are important to the Lutherans because at the root of every false doctrine is the devil, seeking to destroy the Gospel.

Sunday, July 10, 2005 AD

What Is This Bread? A Hymn

What is this bread?
Christ's body risen from the dead:
This bread we break,
This life we take,
Was crushed to pay for our release.
Oh, taste and see - the Lord is peace.

What is this wine?
The blood of Jesus shed for mine;
The cup of grace
Brings His embrace
Of life and love until I sing!
Oh, taste and see - the Lord is King.

So who am I,
That I should live and He should die
Under the rod.
My God, my God,
Why have You not forsaken me?
Oh, taste and see - the Lord is free.

Yet is God here?
Oh, yes! By Word and promise clear.
In mouth and soul
He makes us whole -
Christ truly present in this meal.
Oh, taste and see - the Lord is real.

Is this for me?
I am forgiven and set free!
I do believe
That I receive
His very body and His blood.
Oh, taste and see - the Lord is good.

Text: Kung Fu Master Dr. Frederic Baue
Music: Jean Neuhausser Baue
Preparation
48 44 88
1 Corinthians 11:23-29; Psalm 34:8; 1 Peter 2:2-3;

This catechetical hymn was written for the weekly Eucharist at Messiah Evangelical Lutheran Church, Tucson, Arizona. It is based on the questions and answers on Holy Communion in Luther's Small Catechism.

If there are errors, please tell me. Erica is out shopping with the Intolerant, so I have no proof reader.

|

1 Comments:

  • So who am I,
    That I should live and He should die
    Under the rod.
    My God, my God,
    Why have You not forsaken me?
    Oh, taste and see - the Lord is free.


    That was my favorite verse. I really liked this song.

    By Anonymous elle, at 7/11/2005 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home