.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terrible Swede the "Earthy" Lutheran Blog vs The Largest Filipino on Earth vs "The Fluffy"
Doctrinal differences are important to the Lutherans because at the root of every false doctrine is the devil, seeking to destroy the Gospel.

Sunday, October 30, 2005 AD

Offering and College Students...

…Bad excuse for NOT giving an offering – Here I am in a town other than my home, visiting a church that doesn’t know me – if I go at all. I’m still considering the possibility of college as a vacation from church life, so don’t even talk to me about offerings. Books and BEER cost enough. I’m not giving up being Christian, just dropping out of church. (BEER emphasis mine!)

…Good reason FOR giving an offering – Only by God’s mercy have I been given the chance to get a higher education. This is no time to turn my back on life in his church. The more I learn on campus, the more new challenges I face off campus, the more I need Christ and his community. There’s no reason I can’t contribute at least something.

HT: My pastor.

We are to give cheerfully and that doesn't always mean money. We were here (and still am due to my pursuing a bachelors and Mrs. Swede's retraining) and remember the tight times but God is faithful.

|

1 Comments:

  • Hey! I'm giving! I just forgot my envelope 3 weeks in a row... right after 3 weeks of stewardship sermons.... die old adam, die!

    By Blogger Sean, at 10/30/2005 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home