.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terrible Swede the "Earthy" Lutheran Blog vs The Largest Filipino on Earth vs "The Fluffy"
Doctrinal differences are important to the Lutherans because at the root of every false doctrine is the devil, seeking to destroy the Gospel.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 AD

Thanksgiving 2005: The Eigth Beer: Spaten Optimator

This double-bock was recommended by Kung Fu Master Paul T. McCain.

See, I think I've tried this beer before - very good BTW. That's one of the reason's I'm going to try to attempt to track my beer.

I have one way to determine my beer consumption - I keep a bag of all the beer caps that I've drank since 1999.

Though I am not THE Beer Tracker, I am a beer tracker!

BEER: year round
ABV: 7.2 bottle

BREWER: Spaten
Date: Thanksgiving 2005

Appearance (from light to dark): 3(1 - 5)

Head - Initial appearance
  • Size – small
Head - Color
  • Light brown
Head - Lacing
  • Virtually none
Head - Longevity
  • Fully diminishing
Body - Clarity
  • Clear - sparkling / normal / flat
  • Cloudy - hazy / murky / muddy
Body - Particles
  • Size – tiny
Body - Hue
  • Medium to dark
  • Red
  • Brown
  • Black

Aroma (from weakest to strongest): 8 (1 - 10)

Malty
  • Heavy
  • Bread - dark
  • Cookie
  • Grain / Hay / Straw / Cereal
  • Toasted / Roasted / Burnt / Nutty
  • Molasses / Caramel
  • Chocolate - dark
  • Coffee - mild
Hoppy
  • Light
Yeasty
  • moderate
  • Dough-ie
Miscellaneous
  • Brown sugar
  • Allspice / Nutmeg / Clove / Cinnamon
  • Alcohol

Palate (again from worst to best): 4 (1 - 5)

Body
  • Medium to full
  • Full
Texture
  • Creamy
  • Syrupy
Carbonation
  • Lively
Finish - Feel
  • Astringent - light
  • Alcoholic - moderate

Flavor (again from worst to best): 9 (1 - 10)

Initial flavor
  • Sweet - moderate
Finish - Flavor
  • Sweet - light
Finish - Duration
  • Long

Overall rating (out of 30, dumbass): 24

Comments: Good stuff, thanks for the recommendation Pr. McCain! The smell and taste were delightful.

|

1 Comments:

  • You are a lazy blogger. Posting the same post multiple times is a waste. For cutting and pasting and wasting 30 seconds of my life, you owe me said beer.

    By Blogger Nick, at 11/24/2005 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home