.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terrible Swede the "Earthy" Lutheran Blog vs The Largest Filipino on Earth vs "The Fluffy"
Doctrinal differences are important to the Lutherans because at the root of every false doctrine is the devil, seeking to destroy the Gospel.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 AD

You Know I Don't Like To Talk Much...

...But sometimes out of respect I listen and converse.

Our lab is huge - it's an aircraft hanger with some smaller offices dotted here and there. Aluminum I-beams are structured around the aircraft that are destructively tested. It really is a big-boy erector set. The guys responsible for that set-up are the called the "structural test lab". The majority of the folks there are old - in there 50's and 60's.

Sometimes I get "caught" by one of them and they like to talk my ear off. Now, if I'm not busy, I respectfully listen and converse. These dinosaurs and giants have seen aviation blossom and have a zillion stories to tell you. But when I'm busy, I have to either avoid the "talkers" or when trapped say, "Sir/Ma'am, I really need to go and get working on my project or experiment. Sorry, I have to cut this short."

So listening to your elders or respectfully backing out of convo (not that that breaks my heart or shed a tear) really is just part of growing up.

|

1 Comments:

  • If my memory serves me correctly, you just turned 34. You are inching dangerously close to inclusion in their group. Beware.

    By Blogger Nick, at 3/09/2006 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home