.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Terrible Swede the "Earthy" Lutheran Blog vs The Largest Filipino on Earth vs "The Fluffy"
Doctrinal differences are important to the Lutherans because at the root of every false doctrine is the devil, seeking to destroy the Gospel.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 AD

Speaking of Keeping Track of Things...

...My wife, Journalistic Jargon, and I, recently celebrated our 4th anniversary, the 31st of August. We celebrated over the Labor Day weekend in Lindsborg, Kansas or Little Sweden, USA. Check out her post to see what other things I did for her.

I'd like to add a few things.

First, of all, I planned the wedding out while soon-to-be Mrs. T. Swede, was completing an internship, in Ellis, Kansas.

Second, this was no small task. I did it while working the 3rd shift at Cessna Aircraft Company, when I was a flightline mechanic AND going to school at Wichita State.

Third, we cut costs by doing things ourselves. I made the wedding announcements, maps, registry cards. Soon-to-be Mrs. T. Swede found the bridesmaid dresses on sale at a store. She also made the wedding bouquets. Her grandmother made the lovely wedding dress (which I preserved for her.) Her parents pitched in on the material for the wedding dress and a DJ. My parents pitched in wedding flowers, time and money. My little sister, Lisa, couldn't make it. My littlest sister, Josie, made a gorgeous white fondue cake. My little brother, Jason, just showed up to be best man.

Finally, I provided the best thing: free alcohol - wine and beer. Free! (Get that, Nick? You don't make yer guests pay for the alcohol.)

UPDATE: Forgot one detail. We planned our wedding in less than 30 days. It is probable and not impossible.

Just call me: Super Swede.

|

1 Comments:

  • If I would have provided free alcohol for our guests (many of them beer chugging frat boys), we would have spent several thousand dollars. Free booze is always commendable, but in our circumstance was not financially feasable. (Exploration Place, where the reception was held, would not allow outside booze. If we wanted to have an open bar, they would have charged us $3-5 per drink that they served). A friend of mine's parent's did that at her wedding and it cost them $7400.00 thanks in no small part to my brother and me. I would have provided free booze if the aforementioned circumstances would not have prevented it.

    By Blogger Nick, at 9/07/2006 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home